Tuesday 11 March 2008

Women's Day

8 March 2008. Before I didnt know 8 of March is International Women's day until Grega told me. Duh?!?!?!?! :-D Well if you ask me when is Hari Kartini (Indonesian women's day) is, I definately know the answer :-D. This important day started in 1908 when 15,000 women marched through New York City demanding shorter hours, better pay and voting rights. Then In 1910 the first international women's conference was held in Copenhagen. Unfortunately, there's still a women repression in certain part of the world. Yet, in west countries, women already has a same right as men. At least in that day women is a spesial creature for men :-)
And yesterday, suprisingly Grega brought me a rose when he was home from work. I didnt expect it since he never brought me a flower even on Valentine's day :-D Jokingly I asked ' you didnt take this rose from someone's garden, right?' And he said that no rose growing during the winter. Ah yeah, right ... he got the point, hehehe ... And today, in the morning after I took a shower, suddenly he gave a big box of 'After eight', my fave chocolate!!! I asked 'from who?'. 'From me, thank you for being a good wife!' he said .... It feels great if our husband appreciate our duties as a housewife. Happy Women's Day everyone!! I hope women will be more appriciated and valued, especially for all women in third-world countries.


No comments: