Thursday 6 March 2008

Virus attack ...

25 February 2008. Last week was not a good week for us. Both, me and Grega got a virus attack that caused diarea, vomitting and high temperature. First, it was me. I felt something strange with my stomach. It was like somebody squising it. I told him that I dont feel good. Thing that worried us that i might got something similiar from his grandfather since we met him last weekend. This virus is contagious fast by the air and if you dont wash your hands clearly after touching something. Soon after i told him, i had to rush to the bathroom. And that day at least I had to go there for 4 times before I felt a bit better. And during that time i was afraid to eat anything. Just drink an indian tea that is good for stopping the diarea. From the office, Grega asked me to measure my temperature in case i have the fever. Thank God I didnt. I feel better during the evening and it stopped. And 2 days after me, He got it. Yet, not like me, He had worst. When he got home from work, his body was very hot . His temperature was until 39 degress C. Luckily next day he didnt have it anymore after he took a medicine to ease the fever. Yet, he still had the diarea. Fortunately no vomitting. Still he need to take a day off from work. All day he just drank tea or water and dry bread. Next day, he thought that he felt better and went to work as usual since Friday he only worked half day. That day he ate normally. But it turned out that he actually still had the virus inside his body. So again, he had to go the bathroom during the evening and also during the night. He was so weak cause he lost lot of liquid. So for couple of days, he had to do the diet, just drank water or black/mint tea and dry bread. It was terrible to see him like that. Especially when he saw me having a normal dinner with my chicken soto ... 'ehm ... smell so nice!!' his comment. :-) Poor Grega! Actually this is not the first time he had it. He sort of easy to get a digestion problem. Its not like mine that already 'used' to with dirty water and dirty environment since I live in big town like Surabaya which has high pollution and polluted water. Somehow it 'blessed' me with a better and strong immune system. Maybe that's why the virus get sick of me instead and decided to leave me alone :-))) I also never get cold (flu) during the climate changing as most people here had. Makes me thinking whataver how bad people think Indonesia is, in this case I feel so lucky born and raise there.

No comments: